The XC Build with Your Hubs
Australian Dollars (free shipping)
Got your own hubs or want something different to DT Swiss for your Black Crow Carbon XCO wheelset? No worries – just send us your hubs and we’ll supply the rest and build the wheelset.
We will supply:
- 2 x Black Crow Carbon The XCO rims (29″, 28h only)
- Black brass nipples
- Black DT Swiss Comp Race spokes 2.0 – 1.6 – 2.0 double butted
- Black aluminium valves
- Free Magnet and steel nipple tool supplied
- Decades of wheel building experience
After you have purchased this we will contact you with the delivery address of where to send your hubs so we can build your wheelset and get them to you ASAP.
Notes on hubs
- 28 hole hubs for J-bend spokes only (not straight pull)
- We recommend new hubs, or at least very good condition used hubs.
- If you are reusing old hubs please de-lace your wheels and wipe down the hubs before sending them.
- We don’t overhaul hubs – if your hubs have worn bearings or are in poor condition they’ll return in the same state.
The XC rims stands up to the rigours of technical XC racing, light trail riding and won’t let you down on long days in the saddle. Light rims at 315g, but reliable – that’s the aim of The XC wheelset which is why they are built with round spokes and brass nipples.
Why brass nipples and not aluminium? They weigh only 20g more per wheel and the payoff is better longevity, strength, it’s a no brainer!
The XC wheelset has a 25mm internal width and UST tubeless design (no rim tape ever). Asymmetric rim profile allows for more even spoke tension to produce a stiffer wheel with lightweight spokes.
The XC Black Crow Carbon rims have a lifetime free replacement warranty for the original owner and a transferable crash replacement warranty to consecutive owners if you decide to sell them
If you manage to crack a rim, no worries, no BS, no confusing process just get in touch pay the postage for a replacement rim and it’ll be immediately sent straight out from Australian stock. No long lead times!
- Max rider weight: 100kg
- Max tyre pressure: 70psi
- Max spoke tension: 130kgf
Quantity 1 = 1 x Completed Wheelset